The time has come for another edition of tech-timewasters/sysadmin links. This time, there are a few interesting security articles (including one that will give you an idea of what the malware analysis process looks like).
- What is mathematics? (math geekery for amateurs like me): http://math.coe.uga.edu/tme/issues/v09n1/4rota.pdf
- The postgres guide! (non-official): http://www.postgresguide.com/
- Rowhammer (A nontechnical security article) — http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/bitwise/2015/07/rowhammer_security_exploit_why_a_new_security_attack_is_truly_terrifying.single.html
- Malware Analysis; a much more technical article on cdorked: https://reverse.put.as/2014/02/05/linuxhackingteamrdorks-a-a-new-and-improved-version-of-linuxcdorked-a/
- Scaling LinkedIn; a really nice progression (including graphics) showing a few different popular infrastructures for serving web applications: http://engineering.linkedin.com/architecture/brief-history-scaling-linkedin
- Yay videogame music (from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic — I occasionally listen to this while working): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz2wR2CFtrU